Kevin Cartwright is a New Zealand based video producer with almost a decade of experience in digital media and photography. Kevin has worked for the Smithsonian Institution in Washington DC as a full time media producer for the National Museum of the American Indian, as well as numerous private and government organisations in the United States.
– Web and Software development technologies:
– Relational Database design, Filemaker Pro 13.
– Teaching technology, professional training experience
– Adobe Production Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Aftereffects
– Video editing: Adobe Premiere, AVID, Apple Final Cut Pro
– Communication, Time Management, Organisation, Problem solving
– Windows, Mac OS, Google apps, Google Analytics, XML
EDUCATION, EXHIBITIONS, AWARDS
– Master Fine Arts, Massey University. Currently Enrolled Full-Time.
– Digital Images, art theory, art history, art interpretation.
– Masterate Scholarship recipient, 2017.
– Parkin Prize, Finalist Selection. Large digital drawing print, ‘Te Hapu.’ 08/2016.
– Victoria School of Architecture, Wai-O-Papa / Waterlands Exhibition.
– Photographs exhibited in Vivian Street Lightboxes. 09/2016.
– Odyssey in Burgundy Winemaking Study Program, Beaune, France.
– Bachelor of Arts – Media Arts, University of Arizona. 2004.
– Art History, Studio practice, time-based media, film studies.
11/2016 to Present
(Graduate Research Assistant. Massey University. Wellington.)
-Engaged in Graduate Research Assistance to support the School of Art.
-Digital Video Production, Research, Writing.
06/2016 to Present
(Content and Marketing Material Development, ‘Happywinebot’ Twitter Advertising Platform. Wellington)
-Currently developing innovative Twitter ‘bot’ platform for digital marketing of wine products and information in a small two person team
-Responsible for developing art assets, marketing copy, and managing social media presence. Twitter, XML, database maintenance, Photoshop
02/2016 to 06/2016
(Arts Tutor, Massey University, Wellington)
– Classroom instruction for first year undergraduate lecture.
– Assessment of student blogs and creative projects
– Administrative support of academic unit, paper marking, after hours student assistance
07/2013 to 01/2016
(Vintage Supervisor and Cellar Hand Kim Crawford, and Delegat Wine Estate, Marlborough)
– Permanent winery cellar position includes seasonal supervision
– Staff training, safety procedures and hands-on winery operations
02/2008 to 11/2011
(Video Production Specialist, Smithsonian Institution, National Museum of the American Indian, Washington DC)
– Production of digital video and photography for exhibition, promotion and documentation of museum programs and events
– Worked directly with artists, curators and marketing staff to produce exhibit content for display in museum spaces, and digital media for the museum website: http://www.nmai.si.edu/
– Focus on strategies to increase museum visitation
– Field production with DVC-PRO HD systems for the Museum Exhibition Department: across the entire Western Hemisphere
– Post-production of exhibition and community media; complete end-to-end Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere to DVD and web workflow in support of museum constituents and visitors on the National Mall
– Work within a tightly-integrated content development team, including exhibit staff, curators and creative design staff to implement project goals
(Assistant Media Instructor, Rockport Workshops, Rockport Maine)
– Assisted with instructing two week long course on digital media production for corporate video producers
– Developed instruction program for course that included digital media production, media management, non-linear editing workflows, and digital media archiving strategies
11/2006 to 11/2007
(Video Production Specialist, Airline Pilots Assoc., Washington DC)
– Travel video production with DVCAM systems in support of airline pilots; for membership outreach and marketing purposes
– Expert post-production services for national union members: video editing on AVID Media Composer, Adobe Aftereffects animation, internet streaming and online creative content management
– Provide video compression and internet distribution solutions for the Airline Pilot’s Association International website
– Develop and manage online video portal, for distribution of content to members worldwide
– Create and maintain video content catalogue, tape logging and record keeping for Communications department staff